Bird of Paradise is part of custom enamel pendant collection made by Patsy Croft, the owner of Alohi Lani Designs and a master of cloisonne jewelry. Her work is known for its exquisite craftsmanship and longevity.
The Bird of Paradise, also known as the Crane Flower or Strelitzia, is so named because of its resemblance to a bird in flight. Full of unique shapes and brilliant colors, it’s been the muse of many an artist—Patsy included. But, replicating its beauty with nothing but enamel and gold wasn’t easy. But, Patsy was up for the job.
On one side, the flower spreads its petals like an attention-hungry peacock. Banana leaves surround it, fanned out like a crown. The emerald greens, golds, blues, and oranges are all set contrasted with pops of 24k gold. But, this much color might be too vibrant for the workplace. That’s why the other side is nothing but gold and ebony. In place of roots, this cloisonne pendant boasts a rare orange garnet known as a Mandarin Spessartite.
- This custom enamel pendant features a bird-of-paradise design on the front and that same design in gold and black on the back. Just flip it around to go from vibrant to midnight chic.
- This cloisonné pendant measures 2” x 1.5” x 0.375. This means people can see it from across the room, but it isn’t big enough to be tacky.
- Created by cloisonné jewelry lover Patsy Croft, this custom enamel pendant will one day be a treasured family heirloom
- Since it’s handmade, you never have to worry about sporting the same cloisonne pendant as someone else.
- This custom enamel pendant is made from real gold and topped off by a Mandarin garnet
If you’re looking for custom jewelry, but don’t love this gold enamel pendant, place a custom order here.