Nautilus is part of a custom enamel pendant collection I made. Created with precious metals and vitreous enamel, this cloisonné necklace is the product of hours of hard work.
You’ve probably seen this shape a hundred times but might not know what it means. It’s actually the shell of a multi-chambered mollusk called the Nautilus. Like most of its relatives, the Nautilus can withdraw into its shell when it feels threatened. Above all, it’s also one of the only natural examples of a logarithmic spiral. You can click here to find out more about these amazing creatures and how they inspired this custom enamel pendant.
Like most of my enamel jewelry, this piece has two sides. On one, I used a pink enamel to display the Nautilus’ inner shape. On the other side, made of 14k gold, I displayed the exterior of the shell. A series of masterfully placed holes give the viewer a look at the pearlescent inside. All of this is set in 14k and 22k gold and accented by a pinky-sized freshwater pearl.
- This design is my take on a Nautilus. On one side, it’s shown in dissection. The other side, meanwhile, shows a bright golden shell with artistic views of the freshwater pearl below.
- Nautilus measures 1.5” x 0.75”. So, it’s the perfect beachside or daily accessory.
- This museum-quality custom enamel pendant will one day be a prized family heirloom
- If you buy this, you’ll never have to worry about someone having the same outfit as you.
- I made it from high-end quality materials. As a result, it’s worth its weight in gold.
If you want an ocean-inspired pendant, but aren’t in love with this one, you can click here to place a custom order. I’m always looking for new ways to test myself.