Nautilus is an exquisite one-of-a-kind handmade cloisonné enamel and gold necklace that’s part of my Ocean Jewelry collection. Created with precious metals, freshwater pearl, and vitreous enamel, this cloisonné necklace, like all my custom jewelry pieces, is the product of hours of hard work.
You’ve probably seen this shape a hundred times, but you might not know what it symbolizes.
Nautilus is the shell of a multi-chambered mollusk. Like most of its relatives, this living fossil can withdraw into its shell when it feels threatened. It’s also one of the only natural examples of a logarithmic spiral.
This artisan-signed jewel has two sides. On one, I used a pink enamel to display the Nautilus’ inner shape. I carved the other side using 14k gold. A series of masterfully-placed holes give the viewer a look at the pearlescent inside. All of this beauty is topped off by a pinky-sized freshwater pearl.
- This design is my take on a Nautilus. On one side, it’s shown in dissection. The other side shows a bright golden shell with artistic views of the freshwater pearl below.
- Nautilus measures 1.5” x 0.75”. So, it’s the perfect beachside or daily accessory.
- This museum-quality custom enamel pendant will one day be a prized family heirloom.
- There is no other cloisonné pendant like Nautilus. It’s a one-of-a-kind design.
- I made it from high-end quality materials. Only fine solid gold will do for my customers.
- The purchase of this enamel and gold necklace ensures that a portion of my sale will benefit a marine life charity.
If you want an ocean-inspired pendant, but have something else in mind besides Nautilus, you can place a custom order.